Calvin Christian School takes a unique approach to tuition. We call it the Fair Share Plan, and it’s designed to make a quality Christian education broadly accessible to families who sincerely desire it.
How Fair Share giving works
Instead of a set tuition, families make an annual financial commitment to the school based upon their income. Using our “Fair Share Giving Guide,” Calvin Christian families pledge to pay what they believe God would have them give, in accordance with how God has blessed them. This biblical approach stresses the importance of faith in God and love for one another. The generous pledges of many CCS families open the door to others who otherwise could not not afford a Christian education for their children.
Depending on the amount, a Fair Share Pledge might include two components.
- A cost pledge is the amount you will pay toward the cost of your own child(ren)’s education at Calvin Christian School. The cost pledge minimums for the 2014-15 school year are as follows: K (3 day) — $4,795; grades 1-8 and 5-day K — $6,850; high school — $7,300.
- A support pledge is a voluntary, tax-deductible gift. Support pledges strengthen the educational program of Calvin Christian and help provide Christian education for students who might not otherwise be able to attend.
Optional reductions for more than one child. Reduced pledges are accepted for additional children from the same family. The cost pledge for a second child may be reduced by up to 10 percent; for the third child, up to 25 percent; and for the fourth and additional children, up to 45 percent.
Additional charges. In addition to a Fair Share Pledge, the following fixed charges apply.
- building & debt fee–$700 per family. Helps retire debt and cover the cost of maintaining our facilities.
- student fee–$200 per student. Helps cover the cost of textbooks and other educational materials, as well as activities such as field trips, special speakers, etc.
- technology fee–$400 per high school student; $90 per middle school student. Helps cover the cost of student computer access and related technology expenses.
- thrift store volunteer deposit–$200 per family, fully refundable if a family member volunteers for at least one four-hour shift each quarter at the Calvin Christian thrift store.
Financial aid is available for families needing to make a pledge below the minimum on the Fair Share Giving Guide. Calvin Christian uses the services of FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment to analyze the financial need of families, helping us to allocate aid dollars most appropriately. An online application form and information about the process is available at the FACTS website. Call 952-927-5304 or email email@example.com if you have questions about financial aid.